Leadership Skills Training
‘Leadership’ today is very different from leadership in previous generations.
It is vital for leaders to know how to inspire and have passion and confidence in the people they’re leading.
When people work alongside a truly authentic, self disciplined leader, they’ll often be more engaged, motivated in their role and perform to their best.
This Leadership course run by ERF Skillnet and DCM – The Learning Experts, will be held across 2 x half day sessions. Each session will focus on the key elements that create a successful and professional leader. The sessions will allow learners to reflect on their own leadership style and look at areas they can improve. The course is highly interactive and utilises real life insights and practical everyday business examples.
By the end of the course each learner will be able to:
– Understand what makes a good leader
– Gain an insight into their own leadership style
– Set direction and prioritise goals to deliver results through others
– Understand different employment laws that are associated with Leadership
– Know how to inspire and motivate a team using leadership skills
– Create clear actions for keeping the team motivated in a hybrid working environment
– Understand the purpose and importance of emotional intelligence
– Know how to develop a strong communication style
– Understand how to promote employee development and mentor employee progress
TOPIC 1: INTRODUCTION
What qualities make a good Team Leader?
Key Skills – Delegation, Time Management, Decision Making, Organisation, Motivating
Relevant employment laws
TOPIC 2: LEADERSHIP
Developing your leadership style
Giving direction to others
Leading by example
TOPIC 3: SOLVING PROBLEMS AND MAKING DECISIONS
Being timely and decisive
Involving staff in the decision making process
TOPIC 4: EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
Common communication difficulties in a hybrid environment
Active listening skills
TOPIC 5: PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
Setting clear objectives
Motivating your team in a hybrid environment
TOPIC 6: CHALLENGING BEHAVIOUR
Working with problem employees
DATES: 2 X 1/2 DAY Workshops
Day 1 – Thursday 20th April
Day 2 – Tuesday 25th April
TIME: 9.30am – 12.30pm each day
COST: €70 per person
FORMAT: Online Zoom training
**This course is subsidised by ERF Skillnet.