QQI Level 6 Certificate in Employment Law – May intake
This QQI Level 6 Employment Law Course is part funded by ERF Skillnet in association with Open College Distance Learning. The course is designed to enable the learner to gain an in depth understanding of the Legislative Environment in which a modern business must survive. Students will be aware of and be able to apply the Legislation that applies to their particular area of business.
It is designed to equip participants with knowledge of the component parts of Employment Law and an appreciation of how employment law principles work in practice. In addition, candidates who successfully complete this module will develop an in-depth understanding of the statutory frameworks which regulate the employer/employee relationship.
Who should complete this course?
– Students who wish to obtain a general understanding of Employment Law principles and to enable them to appreciate the role of the law in their Business or work place environment.
– Business Owners looking to up skill their knowledge on all Employment Law and Legislations.
– People who wish to gain a professional, internationally recognised qualification in Law by distance learning.
Candidates who successfully complete this course will:
– develop an understanding of the sources of and rationale behind Irish employment law
– explain the impact current legislation has on the key aspects of employment practice
– demonstrate detailed knowledge of the characteristics of a contract of employment, including statutory and EC law regulation of the employment relationship
– appreciate the role of law in regulating working conditions and promoting fairness, equality and best practice in the workplace
– demonstrate awareness of the practices and procedures relating to disciplinary matters
– describe types, legal provisions and rights relating to discrimination
– appreciate how the law has developed to grant family friendly rights to employees
– appreciate the legal significance of HR policies and procedures, particularly in relation to disputes or legal action
– critically evaluate the impact of an aspect of employment law on working conditions in their own vocational area.
This is an online course and can be completed at your own pace within an 8 week timeframe.
This course is part funded by ERF Skillnet and costs €220 per person.